Monday, November 18, 2013

SART 200k

Yesterday I rode my November instance of the SART 200k brevet. The weather was perfect - between 60F and 70F all day. I started riding with Sabrina and Sherry but they stopped at 13 miles and I continued on. I thought about stopping at the In-n-Out burger at 30 miles but decided to eat at the Arco instead. Stupid move - I should know by now to relax and enjoy.

I got to Huntington beach around 12:30 and ran into the Redlands Bike Club leaving Newport Burgers. I had a quick chat with some old friends and then ate at the Newport Liquor store which has been renamed NBC (Newport Beach Café) and has a nice new deli counter run by a couple of young Korean ladies. Very good food.

Around 1pm I headed back up the SART and, rather than stopping to eat at the Lucky Greek, I blew past relying on the trail mix in my top tube bag. They problem is that trail mix is just not a substitute for proper food so I bonked the last ten miles. I just couldn't get enough trail mix down to provide enough calories. I ended up with a 8:52 ride time and a roaring hunger.

I went to Panera and tried the new fontina grilled cheese sandwich that replaced the old big kids grilled cheese. Really cheesy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment