Monday, July 11, 2016

Oceanside ride

Amber and I rode my Anaheim to Oceanside 125km permanent again on Sunday. We started at 8am to try to beat the heat but it was pretty warm as we climbed Santiago Canyon. I was treating this ride as a stress buster because work has been pretty bad lately. Just before we started I had noticed a big bald spot on my rear tire that had me worried so I had to keep my speed down on the descents. The last thing anyone needs is a blow-out at 30mph.

I was trying to remember what might have damaged my tire, then Amber reminded me that last time we did this route I did a long skid because a car showed up at intersection at an awkward moment. That was a long time ago!

Anyhow we got to Cooks Corner and had our usual food. They were even slower than usual and we had trouble holding a conversation while we waited because someone was playing the jukebox and you just can't get away from the speakers. I have a brilliant idea - why not add a "Silence" spot on the jukebox. You put your money in and you get three minutes of silence. I would slap $5 into that no problem. Just think - no royalties, no wear and tear - it's three minutes of pure profit. How come no-one has thought of this before?

The rest of the route was pretty normal - headwind to the coast then a tailwind to Oceanside. We picked up a chap who followed us because he was not familiar with the Alisal Creek bike trail. When we got to Laguna Niguel he turned back north on PCH. I hope he remembered the trail because it's a lot of fun.

Next weekend I'm going to do some training for the Crackerswamp ride. I'm going to ride my Four Rivers 200k twice starting at 4am.

I need therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment