Saturday, June 9, 2018

Lejog day 7 - 6/9/2018

Today we rode from Northwich to Garstang. It was the worst day of the tour (there had to be one). We spent most of the day passing through the Liverpool/Manchester conurbation with heavy traffic and aggressive drivers.

As we were riding to the start point, Anne was panicked by a driver approaching rapidly from the left and slammed her brakes on without saying anything. I ran into the back of her and knocked her off her bike. I felt bad about that, but I had had problems with riders in the group stopping without warning and failing to call hazards or turns. I guess they're not used to riding in groups.



Morning brew stop
Lunch at the Rock Inn was lasagne and binoche pie - never had binoche pie before and it was good.

Lunch - Anne is standing

After lunch we were back in heavy traffic. Anne got hit by a car as she tried to make a right turn. She went to hospital and got stitches for a cut forehead and finished the ride. Wow.

The last 20 miles were back in countryside and we stayed at a very nice Best Western.



Best Western

We came across a hedgehog on the grounds of the hotel.


Amber and I walked around and found a canal so we walked along the tow path into Garstang for dinner.

Canal
I saw something I'd never seen before - a canal passing over a river!


We rode 71.9 miles and climbed 3794'.

No comments:

Post a Comment