There was a strong headwind for the last 8 miles and two detours off the bike path. Why is the bike path the go to place when they want to stage construction equipment? Felt like crap by the end of the ride. This is the first ride in years that I didn't overall enjoy. It felt like it was over 90 but it probably wasn't.
She is also considering a Trek 520 of her own and a Surly Long Haul Trucker. Most people seem to think the two bikes are very comparable which will probably give the Trek the advantage in her mind. We've always had tremendous luck with Trek bikes.
- Relaxed geometry means you can ride hands free to stretch your back out
- More water bottle cages
- Better climbing gears
- Ability to add fenders, racks, and even a kick stand
- Ability to ride rougher roads without cracking the frame
- Repairable frame
- The option of wider tires for off road fun
- Spending money
- More weight
- Saying good bye to her beloved Trek TCT