Sunday, November 29, 2020

Brompton Borough Bag

I came across a Brompton dealer in Los Angeles called Just Ride LA and found they have a large stock of Brompton bikes and accessories. I called them up and they have several Brompton Borough bags in stock. As I have the small one ordered from Amazon (although it probably won't get here until next year) I drove to Just Ride LA and purchased the large version


Then I drove to Anaheim to give it a try. Although it is a huge bag, big enough for touring, it is an absolute sail into a headwind. I can see using it until the smaller one arrives, then saving it for touring in the future.

I also got my Tern toolkit from Perennial Cycle which is a very slick toolkit that tucks up under the saddle. It has the 15mm wrench that the Brompton needs for getting pedals and wheels off. It's very well made full featured and only half the price of the Brompton toolkit. It even has a chain tool.


I also realized that REI had not adjusted the gears properly so when the readout said gear 1 I was actually in gear 2 and when it said gear 2 I was actually in gear 3. So I couldn't get into the lowest gear. I found a video about adjusting the gears on Youtube.com and it turns out to be very easy to adjust it correctly. All I had to do was to put it in gear 2 (according to the indicator), then adjust the screw barrel until only 1mm of the adjuster rod is visible.

I hope to ride the 68 mile route from Yorba Linda park and back soon on the Brompton. That will put me over the 100km distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment