Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Amber on my Brompton

For technical reasons I drove to Playa Del Rey and met Amber and Edger there to ride up and down the beach path between Santa Monica and Torrance. Amber's still thinking about buying a Brompton so I lent her mine to ride for a week.

Here's some video of her looking pretty solid on it.


REI has a good deal on a green M6R right now about $100 less than I've seen elsewhere. With her 10% membership discount, she gets $186 credit on her next purchase making it under $1700.

Green M6R for $1700 after membership credit

I'm really liking Rouvy and my wife is using it too so that helps assuage the guilt of spending $500 on a smart trainer and $600 on a dedicated computer. I definitely think this was a good decision. My hip is completely healed so I'm able to add some climbing to my workouts.



2 comments:

  1. I will second your choice of ROUVY over zwift. Pick your virtual companions, ride so many different routes, everything transfers, and the data windows are so informative. I didn't do zwift for long, Rouvy just seemed nicer from the get go, so zwift got gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You summed it up well. Zwift ticks a couple of boxes but Rouvy ticks them all for me. I especially like the level of immersion and the automatic updates to ridewithgps.com.

      Delete