Saturday, March 12, 2022

Third time's a charm

A month ago, while riding the 50 mile route from Anaheim to Seal Beach and back, I was knocked off my bike by an inattentive pedestrian and managed the fracture my hip. Even though I was not moving very fast, I just fell badly. So I didn't get to finish that ride.

Last week, Amber, Edgar, and I rode the same route. I kept flatting and, while fixing the second one, I realized my rim had split and the jagged edge was eating inner tubes every five miles. I booted the rim and the third tube got us back to the cars. On top of that, I had replaced the chain and found I also need to replace the middle chainring. Attempt number two had failed.

I had already ordered a new rear wheel from Peter White but finding a replacement chainring turned out to be impossible. I eventually found replacements from Wiggle.com in the UK. They should be here next week.

Last night I got the Brompton out and tried to ride to Seal Beach for the third time after work. I finally made it. Poutine at the Bistro St. Germain was a real treat. I finished at about 10:15pm. Lovely ride, but I'm pretty sore this morning. Longest real bike ride in a month, so not surprised there.

No comments:

Post a Comment