Monday, August 22, 2022

A fantastic weekend

I rode my usual 40 mile Friday evening ride from Anaheim to Seal Beach and back on the Brompton this weekend but I started a bit later this time and hit some heavy traffic so I didn't get started until after 6pm. This meant I got to Bolsa CafĂ© at 7:45 and found out they close at 7:30. But the cook knows me so he made me a cheese quesadilla anyway. What a nice bunch of people they are. I left them a good tip. 

The sky was heavily overcast and the sun had just gone down behind Rancho Palos Verdes. We got that cool effect where the sun peeps out below the clouds just long enough to light everything up with ruddy shadows, then it went down. 

Sunset behind Rancho Palos Verdes

Caltrans closed three of four lanes on the 215 north and ten miles later they closed all access to the 210 adding about an hour to my drive home. Bastards. I drove the 210 just 24 hours earlier and there were no signs advertising the closure. Did I mention Caltrans are bastards?

On Sunday I rode with Amber and Edgar. It was cooler (high of 84F) so we rode during the day. In fact it turned out even better because there was overcast until the last five miles. We ate at the Bistro St Germain in Seal Beach which was a real treat as we hadn't been there for a month. This was the first time I had ridden during the day for three weeks. Amber's still doing well and Edgar is looking forward to getting his new bike at the end of October. I bet two years ago he never thought he would be spending $4000 on a bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment