Monday, May 7, 2012

Getting back on the bike

I finally managed to complete a bike ride without crashing - first time in five weeks! I rode a super-flat 60 miles on the San Gabriel, Rio Hondo, and Los Angeles River bike trails. There was a slight headwind on the way inland and a brutal full-on headwind on the way back to the coast. We got screwed.

It's scary how much form you can lose in just three weeks. I remember 20 years ago I was forced to take a month off the bike and then rode the Death Valley Double in record time. Those were the days. Now I'm off for a few weeks and I get wiped out on an easy 60 miler. It sucks to get old but it beats the alternative.

I need to ride a 200k next weekend to keep up my R12 but I wonder if I have it in me.

Later dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment