Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Endless Summer 200k

Amber and I rode the PCHRando's Endless Summer 200k brevet last Saturday. It's a lovely little ride that starts in Moorpark and heads to the coast over Balcom Canyon (19%). Thence to Santa Barbara Harbor where we ate at Sushi GoGo which deserves more than the 3 1/2 stars it gets at Yelp.

Returning East along PCH we had a tailwind that followed us as we headed inland through Oxnard (lot's of bad drivers there) and finally died in the heat up Santa Rosa Road. We ended after 10 hours with pizza in Greg's backyard. It was a ride for punctures, though, with far more members of the group having them than normal. I had two, and Amber got one just a mile from the end of the ride so she finished on the flat tire.

I have no idea what caused my second flat so I'm replacing the tire. Unfortunately my new tires won't arrive before the weekend so I had to mount one I had bought for my wife. It's bright blue which doesn't match my bike at all.

I hear Jim Harris had a crash - hope you're OK.

Wiggo rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment