Thursday, May 9, 2013

cycling in Portland

Monday 6th May 2013

I still don't know if Portland is bicycle friendly or not. Some streets have nice bike lanes while others have killer tram tracks just where the cyclists need to ride. Then there's the crazy one way system that my Garmin has no clue about. The number of times I could see where I wanted to go but couldn't find a street to take me there.

For a city with so much heavy industry, Portland is quite bike friendly. But I think its claim to be Bike City USA is lame. Eugene, just a few miles to the south is much more bike friendly.

Ate at same Subway we did two years ago.

Forest park is really cool. It's about 15 miles end to end and generally very rideable even on skinny tires. Rode about 30 miles out and back.

Forest Park, Portland, OR

Took the train up to Bellingham. Racks in the baggage car are so much more civilized than those damnable boxes. Got to Bellingham about 9pm and rode a few miles to the Motel6 on Byron.

No comments:

Post a Comment