Friday, May 5, 2017

ModernBike.com

I needed a new middle chain-ring for my old triple-ring Campy Serotta and my local bike shop wants $120 for a new one. I send a lot of business their way, but there's a limit. I reckoned I could probably find it cheaper and install it myself.

I turns out there aren't a whole lot of Campy triple chain rings out there. They aren't making them any more for the Veloce groupo. The only ones I could find were for Centaur and I paid $80. I think that's a lot of money for a piece of stamped aluminum especially as they are regular $93.

I found what I wanted at ModernBike.com. They have a huge selection of parts - for example, searching on "Campagnolo Chainrings" returns 60 products. After a lot of scrolling I found the part I needed and bought it.

They emailed me when they shipped the part and when it was delivered. I was in the original Campy packaging and I took 15 minutes to install it. All-in-all it was a very pleasant experience (other than Campagnolo's ripoff prices)


No comments:

Post a Comment