Saturday, January 22, 2022

Satori suspension seat post

I recently bought a Satori suspension seat post from Amazon and took it for a 50 mile test ride. I have a titanium frame and the seat post is aluminum so it was important to use Park Tools ASC-1 anti-seize grease for the installation.



At first it seemed as though my rear tire was low because I wasn't feeling the bumps that I knew were there. I quickly realized my ride was a lot more comfortable. After I uploaded the ride to rwgps.com I noticed it calculated an average power of 225 Watts but past recent efforts on this route average about 200 Watts. Is it possible the smoother ride was also faster?

My average moving speed was 16mph which isn't bad for a route that has a 10mph speed limit for half its length (which I assiduously obey, officer). Here's a frame grab of me obeying the speed limit. 😈


I do a lot of miles on my trainer and I've tried hard to calibrate it to match my normal riding. I've done it by "feel" so the trainer feels as hard as the bike. When I compare power estimates of my rides on rwgps I see I can't tell the difference between real rides and the trainer, so that's some good feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment