Monday, January 31, 2022

Another great ride

Amber and I were planning on riding old Hwy 39 today, but then I noticed the highest point was 6600' which meant temps in the low 40s. Not ideal for a 20+ mph descent so we decided to save that for a warmer day. In addition, I expect the road is covered with snow right now.

We decided on Back Bay - an old standby with 52 miles and 1600' of climbing. Not flat, but not difficult either. Ten minutes into the ride we passed Martins, Greg, and Stacey coming the other way. I didn't even have time to shout hello as they flew past us.


Amber pulled all the way to the beach so we arrived with an average speed just shy of Mach 1. Then we headed south and headed to the Ha Long cafe. My taste buds were off because the BBQ chicken tasted like curry for some reason. No big deal because I'm trying not to eat meat.

The climb over Pioneer was no easier than before but I held a couple of mph faster. I think the Zwifting is paying off. I pulled after lunch and we had a pretty strong headwind once we hit the bike path. Nevertheless we had a 15.7 mph average at the end which is definitely good for a route with any climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment