Wednesday, May 11, 2022

A good weekend

Friday evening I left work early to try to beat the traffic to Anaheim and it helped a lot. I rode the Brompton from Anaheim to Seal Beach and back, eating at The Bistro St. Germain. On the way back I was passed by a roadie so I upped the effort a bit and jumped on his wheel. His surprise that I could stay on his wheel at 22 mph on a folding bike was priceless. We started talking and it turned out he's only a few years younger than me. We agreed it was wonderful to still be able to ride like this at our age.

On Saturday I rode a hilly 30 miles on Rouvy.

On Sunday, Amber and I met up at Yorba Linda park to ride a flat century. I showed her my drone and she loves it. She may be buying one to take to Europe on her and Edgar's honeymoon. I added a compressed version below, but uploaded a higher resolution version to YouTube.


The weather was cool and windy which made the century more challenging than it needed to be, but we had a great ride anyway. We ate at Bistro St Germain on the way out, turned around at 50 miles and ate there again on the way back. That's three times in three days for me. Our moving average was 16.3 mph which is fine considering 20 miles of it has a 10mph speed limit and the wind was 15-20 mph for most of the ride.

I just got a handlebar mount for the drone controller. I'm still trying to master some of the basic functions like follow and track. I need a lot of practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment