Monday, May 23, 2022

I broke my drone

Friday evening after work I drove to Yorba Linda park to see if I could get a follow shot with my drone using the Litchi app. Here it is on YouTube.


As you can see, Litchi does a poor job of following and drifts off to the side quite badly. I had the controller on my aerobars and took my eyes off the screen for a couple of seconds to check for oncoming trail users. Litchi took the opportunity to fly my drone into a tree, breaking an arm. I think I can fix it with superglue.

After that embarrassing misadventure, I rode the Brompton down to Huntington Beach and started looking around for somewhere new to eat. It was cold and overcast with a 10-15 mph wind - I loved it! Just as I got to the beach I came across someone bent over an upside down bicycle. It turned out to be a young woman with a split tire. I offered to look for something we could use as a boot, but I could see she was uncomfortable we me being around. She said she had a ride coming, so I kept riding. There's no point trying to help someone if it just makes them nervous.


Turning West along the Pacific I got a nice tailwind and, as the weather wasn't great, there were very few people on the beach trail and I was able to take advantage of it.


I rode to Beach City Provisions, a convenience store and eatery with live music. I've never eaten there before, but the music pulled me in. They are very bike friendly and I was hungry so that was a good combination. I got a cheese quesadilla with chips and a side of fries for about $14. Live music and a beach view - nice.


 Of course, when I turned around I had a headwind which was only fair. Turning inland I got a nice tailwind and got my average up to 15.1 mph - not too shabby on the Brompton. It was a lovely ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment