Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Carrot on the Stick

Sixty mile loop today down Victoria Ave to the Lucky Greek and back on the SART. It's starting to become one of my favorite local rides partially because of the route and partially because I really like the Lucky Greek. It has a Coke machine with 106 flavors. Seriously - I tried Diet Cherry and Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Amazing. Cold and foggy at the start, then the sun came out and we got a slight headwind near the turnaround. When we came out of the Greek it was nearly 70 and we had a roaring cross/tailwind. Perfect riding.

So how many of you are like me? You ride so you can indulge in a few extra calories. There's two kinds of riders - those that name their rides after the geography (We're riding Opal Canyon), and those who name their rides after the place they're going to eat at (We're doing the Farmer Boy's loop). I'm solidly in the latter camp, in fact if a ride involves geography worth naming I probably don't want to do it. Even if I do have a ride called 'the Back Bay loop' I only ride it because we eat at a fabulous French Cafe. Anyhow, bays are far less threatening than canyons.

So I'm not ashamed to admit I don't ride to conquer hills, I ride to burn calories so can enjoy my food with a little less guilt. The carrot on the stick may be obvious but it works.

Here's to the carrot - may I never lose sight of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment