Saturday, June 30, 2012

More Old Friends

I rode the Back Bay 64 mile loop today with Tom Fangrow. I don't remember the last time we rode together but it must be at least 15 years. We're not as fast as we once were and a lot more cyclists passed us on the SART. There was a time we would have chased them down and punished them by passing them so fast they couldn't jump on our wheels. Those times are past. By mutual consensus we agreed "Screw 'em".

I think Tom liked the route. I got to show him a lot of bike path that he hadn't seen before. The Champagne Bakery was great, of course. It got pretty hot towards the end but overall it really wasn't too bad.

I'm a software engineer and Tom's a real engineer. I mentioned that I had written a program that would drive you along the path of a gpx file using Google Street Level and that I wanted to be able to trigger the program when I made a pedal stroke on my exercise bike. I know I can do it with an Arduino but it looked complicated. Tom mentioned he had built some projects with an Arduino but the programming for Google Street Level looked too complex. Maybe between us we can get something built. That would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment