Thursday, August 8, 2013

Running is bad for the knees

Every Wednesday I've been running five miles along the North shore of Big Bear lake. For the past three months I've been trying to get my time below one hour. Last Wednesday I finally managed a 58:55 time but at a cost.

I hurt my knee. I don't know how. I didn't twist or jar it, but I started to feel a sharp pain around mile three none the less. I thought I could run through it because I can normally ride through knee pain, but now I'm limping badly. Just pressing lightly on the skin below the kneecap is painful.

I have a 200k brevet scheduled for Saturday night. If my knee isn't healed by then I might have to take painkillers to get through the ride. By this time next week I could be I a wheelchair!

Remind me again why we do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment