Saturday, August 3, 2013

Every ride is unique

Sabrina, Sherry, and I rode the top half of the SART which was a personal best for Sabrina - being 40 miles. She's planning on riding the Solvang Prelude metric century in November and she only put clipless pedals on her bike a couple of weeks ago. She did great, especially when you consider she's wearing borrowed shoes which are too tight and hurt her feet.

As I tightened the QR on my front wheel while preparing for the ride I snapped a spoke. I haven't broken a spoke in over five years. Fortunately I like wheels with lots of spokes so I was able to complete the ride with a wobbly wheel. That's one reason I don't like those ten spoke uber-light wheels.

As we were riding about 100yds from an apiary I was stung by a bee. It must be over 20 years since I was last stung. Fortunately I don't react much to bee stings so it was no big deal. To be honest I've had more painful blood draws.

Two very unusual things happening in one short 40 mile ride. Every one is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment