Sunday, July 28, 2013

What is that squeak?

Drove down to Anaheim with my wife to do the Seal Beach ride. It was overcast and 70F at the start with a mild headwind to the beach. Awesome! This was Sherry's longest ride for a while and she is noticeably stronger. On the way down we noticed her bike had a squeak that got quieter when she stopped pedaling but was still there. I guessed it was the front-end or the saddle.

We planned on eating at The Crema but they were super busy with about an hour wait and we were pretty hungry so we opted to eat at Athens West again. I got the vegetarian platter and it was fantastic. Sherry liked her meal too. I would have to say it's slightly better than Daphne's but not as good as The Phoenician.

I checked her front-end and it was solid but when I checked her saddle it was completely lose. I tightened it up and the squeak was gone. It's nice to be able to figure the small stuff out at least.

The beach trail started off well but it got pretty crowded around the pier so we turned on Golden West and then followed Orange/Atlantic back to the bike trail, avoiding the worst of downtown Huntington Beach. The overcast finally burned off for the last eight miles which was enough for me to get a little sunburn. Sherry rode strongly and only slowed down for the last five miles. She doesn't like the heat much either.

All in all a very good fifty mile ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment