Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lucky Greek and Pigs

I rode the Lucky Greek permanent after work yesterday and had a really enjoyable ride. Despite the number of miles I've ridden I still have new experiences.

It was hot when I started at 6:30pm - about 90F - with a headwind. No surprises there. When I got to Rincon Rd in Norco I startled two wild pigs that were browsing near the road. One was black and the other had the classic boar markings - brown stripes and spots on a tan background. Both of them were fairly small - maybe two feet at the shoulder.

The Lucky Greek was good as usual - French Fries in the top tube and Raspberry Coke in the bottles. On the return I had a tailwind but came to an emergency stop when I saw a body on the bike path. It turned out to be a teenage boy sleeping with a bottle as a pillow. Weird.

Total overall time was 4:20.

When I got home I put the bike on the deck and was woken up in the early hours by the sound of it falling over. I think a raccoon smelled the French fries in the top tube bag and pulled the bike over trying to get to them. I must try to remember to remove them at the end of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment