Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Long Beach bike path

Amber and I went for a lovely ride from the top of the San Gabriel bike path in Duarte to Long Beach and back - 81 miles, 1100' climbing, very windy. It was threatening rain all day but we only got rained on while waiting for empanadas under an umbrella. Very lucky.

We checked the Long Beach bike path but it's still closed. I'm sure it'll be wonderful when it's done but it sure would be nice to see an estimate of when it'll be open again. For now, riding on Ocean is downright dangerous. We're going to have to do that for the upcoming 400k and probably even my 600k in April.

I watched "Stop at Nothing" on Netflix while working out last night. It's a good overview of the whole Lance Armstrong doping scandal. The problem when you're that hyperagressive towards critics is that when you finally come up against someone who can take you down, the defeat will crush you. I still don't believe he understands the harm he has done. He's still an alpha-dick.

I've read Paul Kimmage, Tyler Hamilton, and David Walshs' books and it was great to see their faces in the film and hear their voices. Emma O'Reilly is amazingly hot. After hearing Lance's description of her I was expecting a wrinkled old gin-sot who pleasures sailor's for the price of a beer, but she can still turn a room-full of heads.

Solana Beach 400k this Saturday and I'm fighting off a cold :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment