Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Seal Beach - Duarte loop

We are in the middle of a heat wave in Southern California. Amber and I rode my Seal-Beach to Duarte loop permanent which is about half of my Five Rivers 300k brevet. I had expected it to be warmer than three weeks ago when I rode the brevet, but it was 91 degrees Fahrenheit in Duarte. Oh well, I said I needed flat hot miles and I got them.

We finally got to eat at the pizza place next to the 7-11 in Duarte and it was better than I expected. We had a portion of cheese bread and an enormous calzone for only $8.50. They only take cash though. The inside looks pretty sleazy and none too clean but they have an A rating and we didn't get sick. I recommend this place if you have cash, you're hungry, and you're not trying to impress anyone.

Sausage calzone $5.50. Yeah - that's a gallon water jug behind it.
Six hours and eight minutes (the pizza place is pretty slow). I'm dehydrated and hyponatremic. I have a lot more training to do before I'm ready for Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment