Sunday, December 11, 2016

Scratch one route - need another

I am in the process of finding a new third loop for my 200/400/600 km ride on April 1st. I looked at a potential route through Mission Viejo but the extra climbing was in heavy traffic with no scenery. If I have to climb I want to enjoy it and have something to look at to take my mind off my quads. In addition a bike path I wanted to use was in terrible condition so I scratched that route and rethought it. On the plus side I got 80 miles of riding in under lovely overcast skies.

I'm now thinking of staying closer to the old route but jumping over to the San Diego Creek bike path and following it almost back to the beach before jumping over to the Santa Ana and heading inland on that.

Something like this https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18060975

No comments:

Post a Comment