Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Kudos to OC Parks and Recreation

Amber and I found out that one of our favorite BBQ places, Beachwood BBQ, is now open for breakfast so we headed out early from Anaheim and got there with a raging appetite. It was well worth the ride so I took the time to speak to the manager and complement him.



Two weeks ago we noticed a small subsidence under the SART that had caused the edge of the bike trail to fall away. Last weekend Orange County Parks & Recreation had closed that section of the bike path off, although it wasn't too difficult to get around the barriers. It astounds me that they think forcing us onto busy roads for a mile is preferable to negotiating a pot hole with cones around it.

This weekend the hole was fixed and the barriers gone. I've never seen a bike path hazard fixed so quickly. Kudos.

PBP is running right now. I followed the progress of some of my friends. I see Greg Kline is ripping the road up and on track for a Charly Miller time. Good luck to all of you.

Sometimes I post an idea for an invention. This post includes an anti-invention. What's that?
You know how long fire trucks can be steered from the front and back at the same time to help them get around tight corners? How about a tandem that can do the same thing so the stoker can get more involved? I can only imagine the chaos this would cause. I hope no-one ever tries to build one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment