Friday, April 17, 2020

Test ride with new tail light

I decided I wanted to try my new Busch & Müller Toplight Line Brake Plus tail light and the custom mount I designed in the dark so I drove down the SART at 7pm. (No I didn't design it in the dark!) I started at La Cadena and rode up to the closure at Mt Vernon. It's not passable.


Not passable
There were a lot of families walking along the trail, as well as a number of dirt bikes and 4x4 driving on the trail too. 


Lot's of families like this - difficult to socially distance
I decided to relocate to Ryan Bonaminio park which is closed but has plenty of parking outside. It's right on the bike path so I continued riding from there. For the rest of the ride I only saw three walkers and no vehicles.

There's some flooding on the trail and also some very rough sections of dried mud that probably aren't going to get cleaned up any time soon. I'm glad my lights are good enough to let me see what's ahead.



I found out on the ride that my new tail light doesn't flash as you slow down - it gets brighter like a real brake light. This makes sense as I believe flashing tail lights are illegal in Germany where these are made. I like it a lot. I did a night ride with Amber and she likes it too so she'll be getting one for her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment