Saturday, September 12, 2020

I love night rides

 To commemorate 9-11 I drove down to Yorba Linda park and, starting at 6pm, rode to Seal Beach and back. When you've got good lights (and a pair of clear glasses) there's nothing like night riding to replenish your soul. Well, OK, there's probably lots of things, but I like night riding.

This heat wave seems to be tailing off and we're back to normal September temperatures, which is still hot but not deadly. The wind was predominantly from the North so I had to take it easy as  I rode into it on the beach path which was as crowded as you would expect on a nice Friday evening. Riding through an oblivious crowd of people is a great way to improve bike handling skills. As usual, there were cyclists with no lights and e-bikes going way to fast making us considerate cyclists look bad.

I had the chicken sandwich at Bistro St .Germain. You know how people like to take photographs of their food to send to their friends? I couldn't wait so I ate the food first, then took the photograph.


On the way back someone was letting off fireworks in the parking lot by the beach. Again, rather there than in tinder dry forest. I wish that chap in El Dorado park had had his gender reveal party at the beach.


I finished just before 11pm with 68 miles and feeling very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment