Monday, September 21, 2020

More beach riding - maybe a 200k in the near future

 I drove down to Yorba Linda park last Friday evening and rode from there to the beach and back starting at 6pm. It was 88F when I started which was pretty uncomfortable for me, but it cooled down quickly. For some reason, 80F at dusk is less oppressive than 80F in the middle of the day.

Ten miles from the beach I met up with a couple of strong young riders and we rode together at a pretty good pace down to the beach and back to Anaheim. We were riding a bit faster than I would normally ride solo and I knew I would pay for it the next day, but it was so worth it. At the end they asked me how old I am and when I told them they seemed pretty impressed. Made my day!

I rode 45 miles in 2:46 but it seemed much faster :-)


The next day Amber and I rode from Anaheim to Seal Beach and back. We were planning on riding Back Bay but the day turned out hotter than predicted, plus my legs were aching from last night. I haven't been to The Crema since the heat wave made it unpleasant to ride during the day, so that was nice. Although I love riding at night, there is one thing I miss about riding during the day.


It was 86F when we finished in Anaheim and I melted the last five miles. Nevertheless, it was a good weekend of riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment