Saturday, October 31, 2020

A cold ride!

 I rode from Yorba Linda park to Seal Beach and back starting at sunset (6pm) so I didn't have the sun in my eyes. It was already cool - around 65F and there was almost no wind. Here's a frame grab from my GoPro.


I recently bought an air horn from Amazon which I held in my hand as I rode along the Huntington Beach trail. Although the trail was much less busy than usual, possibly because it was cold, I still used it a few times. Take a look at this video. You can see a small child run onto the trail in front of me and stop. When I gave her a blast of the air horn she moved very quickly. The giggle you can hear at the end of the clip is her sister :-) It's pretty funny.


The temperature dropped to about 61F so I had to put my jacket on! I had poutine at Bistro St. Germain in Seal Beach. It was very good to sit outside eating amazing poutine and listening to live music. In fact there was a lot of live music at several restaurants as I rode along the beach path and also one of the worst stand-up comics I've ever heard.

As I returned the fog came in and made it feel even colder. I found out how much fog it takes to stop my Sigma 1609 working. It's this much.


My Wahoo ELEMNT was unaffected. Four miles inland, I left the fog behind me and had a lovely ride back to my car. Total time for 70 miles was 5:10.

Back Bay with Amber tomorrow and, hopefully, a test ride of the third loop of the Triple Loop up to Banning next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment