Monday, November 5, 2012

Lucky Greek - hot again

Summer this year is determined not to end without a struggle. It's November and it still managed to warm up again for the weekend. I rode on Saturday with Amber to the Lucky Greek and back which raises my official RUSA distance to 3630km and my grand total for the year to 6629 miles. On the way back the temperature got well over 80F and we had to put sunblock on to avoid burning. NOVEMBER for goodness sake!

I was still a bit sore from doing the same ride on Thursday but probably only spent an extra ten minutes cycling. The gyros at the Luck Greek are pretty good so we ate very leisurely.

On the way back we came across another idiot driving along the bike path in Hidden Valley. I'm getting the feeling the anti-cycling members of Riverside Parks and Recreation are planning on allowing vehicles on our bike path. I've sent one email which was ignored. It's time to start attending planning meetings to find out what's going on. According to http://www.rivcoparks.org there will be a meeting of the trails committee at 6:30pm on Saturday Nov. 28th at Park HQ at 4600 Crestmore Rd, Jurupa Valley. If my second email doesn't get a acceptable response I plan on being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment