Monday, September 23, 2013

To all cyclists who ride on the wrong side of the trail

 
While we were southbound on the lower SART yesterday a careless cyclist cross the center line into my wife's lane and hit her head on. She suffered multiple cuts and bruises and a sprained shoulder. Her bike was destroyed. If he doesn't pay up we will be hiring a lawyer or going to small claims court.

I don't how to put it any clearer. It is NOT OK to ride on the wrong side of the trail. EVER. It's NOT OK to ride alongside your friend blocking the whole bike path. It's NOT OK to cut the tops off corners. It's ABSOLUTELY NOT OK to pass a slower group on a blind hill which is what this jerk was doing when he hit my wife. I don't care if no-one is coming - it's the riders you don't see that you will hit. The only time I ride on the wrong side is when I'm passing a slower rider and I can clearly see there's no-one coming the other way. Even then it's only for a few seconds.


Mr. Chung - the reckless cyclist that caused the accident

Sherry's bike frame broke in two from the force of the impact. It's only a year old so now we have to find her a new bike. That's about $2000 or so out of our pocket.


Sherry's Bike - note the break in the top tube and at the top of the down tube

No comments:

Post a Comment