Thursday, June 15, 2017

Carrying your bike on Amtrak

A few months ago I participated in a survey from Amtrak about how they could make carrying my bicycle on Amtrak better. Today I received an email from them containing a list of all the questions that had been asked by cyclists in the survey and the responses.

You can get to Amtrak's special webpage for cyclists at www.amtrak.com/bikes.

I placed a copy of the survey results on one of my websites here.

It's reassuring that Amtrak is taking the needs of cyclists seriously. I'd still like to see consistency in services and requirements but that probably isn't going to happen given the state and history of Amtrak. But a good explanation is a start.

I just sold my recumbent bike to Doug Church. It's a shame I was unable to take advantage of it, so I hope Doug enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment