Sunday, June 11, 2017

Ombrophobia

Amber and I rode The Crema again today. This is a flat 50 mile ride mainly on bike paths. We're taking it easy because Amber's knee got wrenched at work and we need to get it healed before the 1000km next month.

We were surprised that the weather was quite stormy and we actually had a few minutes of light rain. The bike path was unsurprisingly empty which was great, although the 20mph headwind was not.


I discovered a down-side to Amber's 32mm tires. The rooster-tail is much heavier. It seemed wherever I rode it soaked me. Now that I look at the lens of my GoPro I see it is covered in black water specks.

I have finally figured out the best way to take photographs on my GoPro Session while riding. I mounted it on the nose of my aerobars and configured it to go into photo mode when I hold the button down for three seconds. When I hear the double beep I press the button another time to take a photo and then it turns off automatically. That saves battery and I always know whether it's on or off (it's off). At night I can take it off and replace it with a light.

The wait at The Crema was shorter than usual and the weather was rather nice. When we got back onto the bike path to come home we had a 20mph tailwind. That's a great way to finish a ride.

Amber is graduating with her masters in nursing next Saturday so we will ride Back Bay on Sunday. Amber feels her knee has healed to the point where she can do a little climbing. Let's hope she's correct.

My fitbit surge broke while hiking last weekend. I'd had it less than a year so I called them up and they sent me a new one. It's so unusual for a company to stand behind their products like that. I am absolutely impressed.

Fitbit made this OK

No comments:

Post a Comment