Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Seal Beach Ride

It has been a while since I got a good ride in. I've been sick and the weather has been bad. I finally managed to get a night ride from Anaheim to Seal Beach with Amber. Pre-Christmas traffic on the 91 was so bad I almost decided it would be quicker to ride the last 20 miles to Anaheim. In the end I got to the start of the ride 40 minutes late. We started at about 6pm.

It was cool - about 55F but it felt cooler. The ride down to Seal Beach was great - very quiet. Beachwood BBQ was too busy so we ate at Athens West instead. On any other street this would be a standout restaurant but on Main St in Seal Beach it's just average. Had a great gyro with fries and salad.

The ride back was great too even though it had cooled down below 50F by now. We had both brought along an extra layer which was just as well. Experienced randonneurs do this kind of thing automatically. Got back home around 11pm.

I noticed there's an extension of the lower SART at Green River Rd. I'm not sure how far it goes but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Rode my 200k brevet on Monday - not very eventful but that's 24 consecutive months of 200k brevets or longer. Need to ride the Lucky Greek on Saturday, then the Ventura 200k on New Year's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment