Sunday, December 29, 2013

Goodbye to an old friend

It has been a pretty good few days - a metric century, a personal best 7.5 mile run, another metric century, and a 14 mile hike - all in four days. Time for a day off.

My ancient Scott aerobars have been having problems ever since a mechanic tried to remove them while replacing my fork. He loosened them but was unable to completely remove them or re-tightened them so they're now at the point that they drop under their own weight as I ride over rough roads.

I wrecked a bolt remover tool yesterday trying to remove the bolts and took it back for a refund, replacing it with metal cutting blades for my jigsaw. After an hour or so, and five blunt blades, I finally have the aerobars off. I had hoped to save them but that is not to be.

Now I have to find some decent aerobars.

No comments:

Post a Comment