Saturday, December 7, 2013

Yikes It's Colder!

I was hoping to go for a run in Big Bear today but the storm came in early and it's 28F outside and snowing. Big Bear is 1000' higher so I decided to do a short local run instead. There's about an inch of snow on the ground. I wore fleece long johns and lycra leg warmers, a long-sleeved cycling jersey and a wind proof shell, a beanie and light wool gloves. I was seriously overdressed. I unzippered the jacket and jersey almost immediately but the beanie and gloves felt good. Amber ran with me. We got to the turn around at 1.5 miles but then the snow plow came by and the 1/10" of snow it left was really slick. We had to walk the last mile back. Amber lent me a running belt with two small water bottles and a pouch for gels etc. It felt good so I plan on using it on the Irvine half marathon. It's only a month away!

No comments:

Post a Comment