Monday, June 4, 2018

Lejog day 1 - 6/3/2018

Today is 62 miles from Land's End to Fowey. Here are some of the other cyclists in our 25 rider group.




Eventually David got Amber's brakes working correctly and we set off towards Penzance.

Footpath to Penzance

We had a strong headwind and a spot of rain before we got to Penzance.


Just after passing through Penzance we passed near St. Michael's Mount.

St. Michael's Mount in the distance

Ferry over river Fal
After the ferry we turned inland and started some major climbing. It was probably the hardest 100k I've ever ridden.Tomorrow was supposed to be harder.

There were many interesting things to see such as this miniature horse and cart.



A combination of dehydration, low electrolytes, and extreme exertion gave me some serious cramps. But I did enjoy the downhills. Here is a video of us passing through Par.


I had the nose of my saddle too high and the rivet at the front caught on my pants as I tried to dismount which ripped a huge hole in them.When we got to Fowey around 6 pm I went and found a SportsDirect and bought a new pair of shorts for about half the normal price. They weren't the best shorts I've ever owned, but they did the job. I also dropped the nose of my saddle.

All in all it was a very tough day, but the scenery was wonderful and Peak Tours really worked hard for us. Total trip distance was 65.7 miles with 5179' of climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment