Sunday, June 10, 2018

Lejog day 8 - 6/10/2018

Today was the best riding day of the whole trip (there had to be one). We rode to Penrith through the lake district and it was scenic and flat, with decent roads and light traffic.


Cream tea for lunch
Here are some of the mellow roads we rode.










Amber and Ian admire the view


Afternoon brew stop





I think I have finally found a part of the world that I would rather cycle in than Hampshire - it took almost 60 years.

We stayed at a B&B in Penrith and I ate some uninspired fish and chips for dinner. Perhaps the regular cook was at church. Sunday today, so most of the shops were closed.

You know how, when you've been riding long enough, everything reminds you of something else? Well today was like nothing I'd ever ridden before.

We trode 76.5 miles with 3969' of climbing. Wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment