Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Lejog day 11 Kinross to Ballater

Today the route goes from Kinross to Ballater. I started at Kinross with the intention of riding to lunch. The second half of the route has some serious climbing and my knee wasn't enthusiastic about that (neither was the rest of me, to be honest).

Before the rain
It started pissing down on us on the way to lunch at The Wee House of Glenshee. Lunch was fantastic and they have a ton of lovely gift ideas. I bought a set of coasters for Sherry with drawings of hares on them. The knee felt good - only slightly sore.

The Wee House of Glenshee

I rode the rest of the day in the van. It rained a lot more.


At the second brew stop I tried to get photographs of all the riders as they came in.

















In Ballater, Michele and I ate at the Lochnagar Indian Restaurant. I was a bit dubious at first but it was some the best Indian food I have ever eaten.





Back at the hotel I tried a shot of Royal Lochnagar whiskey. It was really good.

I'm going to ride the rest of the ride. I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment