Monday, June 27, 2022

Lejog day 9 Penrith to Moffat

Today we were supposed to ride from Penrith to Moffat. I had to ride the day out in the van. Leg is feeling slightly better but I can't bend the knee without pain. I still visited the brew stops, but because I wasn't riding I had to show restraint.



There is a toffee shop in Moffat that I adore. Michele loved toffee too. I waited for her to arrive and we walked over together. I bought some Rhubarb and Custard candy for myself and shortbread and toffee for Sherry. I also bought an orange aero bar for Amber and a Cadbury fruit and nut for Edgar. My suitcase was quite a bit heavier after this trip

Moffat Toffee Shop

While I was waiting for Michele I got the drone out again and took some video around Moffat. It started to rain again in about five minutes but I did get some shots.



We stayed at the Rockville B&B which was the only overnight without soap or shampoo. In fact, it was a bit tatty all around. Fortunately Michele and I both carry extra. My leg is less painful. Yay!

The group had a dinner ordered at the Star Inn (the narrowest inn in the UK). I skipped the haggis this time (once is enough) but I decided that I should try some whiskey so I ordered a Glenlivet. It was surprisingly mild. I suspect this is the zinfandel of whiskeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment